Aging in Paradise is an expanded community service initiative of the Longboat Island Chapel (LBIC). It is designed to provide programs and services for Longboat Key, Anna Maria, and the extended surrounding community.
Our hope is to give more peace of mind, more joy, more comfort, more knowledge, more security, and good health to seniors on the islands and the surrounding area so that, in addition to feeling younger, they can live independently with more dignity and vitality.
- To create a community partnership which will serve as a center for ongoing services, education, individual support and referrals
- To focus on caregiving, wellness, socialization, memory, mobility & age related transitions
- To enable those in our local community to live with dignity, health & quality
The evolution of the Resource Center is planned around three phases of development.
The phases are:
- Renovation: The Chapel has completed the addition of an elevator and the renovation of 3700 square feet of space to accommodate the expansion of services and programs offered through the Resource Center.
- Opening of the Resources Center: The initial focus of the AIPRC is to find selected “members” who represent the best-of-the-best in their respective fields of providing programs and services that the Chapel’s extended community will both need and enjoy. The expanded programs and services are currently being developed.
- Full Vision: This final phase of the Resource Center’s evolution entails working cooperatively with other major initiatives that share common goals with the Resource Center. Examples include initiatives such as the Longboat Key Vision Plan and the Institute for the Ages.